1. Our Privacy Principles
- We will never sell, rent, make available, or otherwise distribute your personal information.
- You will never receive irrelevant emails from us.
- You have the right to ask us to delete any information we may have about you.
- You have the option of unsubscribing from or subscribing to our emails at any time.
- We will only gather and handle data from you when it is required.
2. Relevant Privacy Legislation
This website is built to comply with the following regulations in accordance with WordPress Web Dev’s internal procedures and systems:
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- UK Data Protection Act 1998
3. Who We Are
Registered office: [Address] | Company registration number: [#]
Data Protection Officer: [Name of Contact] [Contact Number]
4. What Information We Collect About You
4.1 Website Visitor Tracking
We use Google Analytics on our website, in common with most websites. This software gathers data in an anonymous manner, including the number of users who visit the site, where they came from, and what pages they visited. This information helps us understand how people discover us and how they interact with our website. We employ this data to improve our website and give users a superior experience. We will only utilise Google Analytics if you agree to cookies, and you may modify your cookie settings at any time via the Cookie Settings.
4.2 Transaction and Billing Information
You may be charged a transaction fee if you make a purchase from us. You must provide additional personal and payment information, such as your name and payment details, in order to process the transaction and your payment.
4.3 Live Chat
5. Information We Collect Automatically
We may also collect some data automatically:
- Usage Information: We collect information about your use of our Services. For example, we gather data to verify a license activation and deliver plugin updates. We utilise this information to provide you with our services as well as gain insights on how customers utilise our products so that we may improve them.
- Log Information: We often obtain information that web browsers and servers generally provide, such as the referring site, browser type, language preference, and the date and time of each visit.
- License Activation Information: When you install and activate a WordPress license on your website, we collect information to validate and provide software updates. The website name, license key, WordPress version, product version, website language and time zone are all included in the activation process.
6. How We Use Your Information
We collect information about you. We use it to learn more about what you need and give you better service. For example, we use your information to:
- Provide the services you need. For example, we might need to set up and maintain your account, provide plugin updates, or charge you for any of our paid Services.
- Develop new products and services. For example, by adding new features that we believe will appeal to our customers or assist them in more effectively creating and managing their websites.
- Build a detailed picture of how people interact with our services so that we can improve them and make them simpler to use.
- Make reasonable efforts to ensure that our Services are safe, secure, and reliable. We will do everything possible to prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities from taking place on or through our website. We will protect the rights and property of WordPress Web Dev and others by monitoring and defending against security threats.
- Send you customised information and promotional material based on your marketing preferences. You may unsubscribe from our emails at any time by going to the unsubscribe link included in each email.
- Provide customer service. We will keep in touch with you and respond to your queries.
- Customise your experience, provide content suggestions, and deliver relevant information.
7. Sharing Information
We do not sell our users’ personal information. We disclose limited data about you in the following circumstances, with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third-Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third-party vendors who assist us in providing our Services to you. This group includes vendors that help us deliver our Services to you (such as payment processors that handle your credit and debit card data) as well as those who help us better understand and improve our services (such as analytics providers).
- As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you in the course of a legal inquiry.
- To Protect Rights and Property: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is required to protect WordPress Web Dev’s property or rights, as well as the interests of third parties or the general public. We might, for example, disclose information relating to an emergency without delay if we have a reasonable fear of death or significant bodily harm.
8. Security – Safeguarding Your Information
Personal Information is kept secure at all times, and appropriate precautions are taken to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, or destruction. Taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the type of Personal Information, we take reasonable and appropriate steps to safeguard it from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access.
Our payment processing vendors (Stripe and PayPal) take precautions to safeguard your information both while it is being transmitted and after it has been received. If you have any queries regarding the security of your Personal Information, please contact us.
Cookies are tiny pieces of files that a website asks your browser (e.g., Chrome, Internet Explorer) to save on your device in order to remember your preferences the next time you visit the website.
Cookies can be managed through your browser settings. You may also directly change the cookies used on this website by going to Cookies Settings.
10. Access To Your Information and Correction
If you give us your personal information, you have the following rights:
- To examine the information, you have supplied to us under the Data Protection Act of 1998.
- To inform us about any mistakes, out-of-date information, or omissions in your user data that you have given to us.
- To prevent your user information from being used to contact you.
- To have your user information removed from our records.
- Please contact us if you wish to exercise any of these rights.
We will respond to any request from you for change, correction, or removal of your information within a reasonable amount of time and inform you of the action we have taken.